Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Install Web Importer
The Mendeley Web Importer can be installed to your browser to import references from a range of databases. To install and use the Web Importer:
- Visit the Mendeley Import page or slect the Install Web Importer option at the bottom of every Mendeley web page.
- Click and drag the Install Web Importer button to your toolbar or add it to your bookmarks
When you have located a title or titles you would like to add to Mendeley from a database or catalog search:
- Select the “Save to Mendeley” button from your bookmarks or toolbar
- Mendeley will detect and capture bibliographic data and import it directly to your Mendeley Web account or allow you to view the information in Mendeley Desktop.
- If Mendeley cannot detect all of the necessary bibliographic information, you will be able to edit the citation before importing it.
- You may also add 'tags' and 'notes' to a citation before completing the import.
What is Mendeley Web?
Mendeley Web syncs with your Mendeley desktop to provide Web-based access to your research and sharing resources.
Mendeley Web allows you to create, edit, and share citations online. Once you click on the 'My Library' tab in Mendley Web, simply click on a citation title to expand the abstract, view attached documents, and edit citation details and tags.
Create Your Mendeley Profile
The short video below will walk you through setting up your Mendeley Web profile:
Chat With Us!
Call: (805) 898-2920
Call: (805) 898-4035
Major portions of this guide were created using the Mendeley LibGuide published by the University of Pittsburgh's University Library System. We thank Pitt for kindly granting us permission to reuse portions of their guide.