FASTsearch is the tool in Fielding's library which allows you to search most, but not all, of our database content at once. The video on this page will help you learn how to run a basic search and filter your results.
Watch this video to learn about additional features of FASTsearch, including saving searches and citation tools.
To search for a journal, follow the 'Journals, books and databases' link from the library website. To locate articles, use FASTsearch, databases, or search within a particular journal. View the short video below to learn how to search for journals and eBooks by title.
The Fielding Library subscribes to databases, which are different collections of journal, magazine and newspaper articles, dissertations, books, company profiles, psychological tests and measurements, and much more!
Access the databases using the "Journals, Books and Databases link:
Academic content vendors such as EBSCOhost and Proquest have multiple databases.
A time-saving technique is to search all databases belonging to a vendor at once. Our library has approximately 17 databases owned by ProQuest, and approximately 11 by EBSCOhost.
See the boxes below to cross-search multiple databases at one time.
Our ProQuest databases are: ABI/INFORM Complete, Dissertations & Theses@Fielding Graduate University, ebrary e-books, ERIC, PTSD Pubs, ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global, ProQuest Education Journals, ProQuest Psychology Journals, ProQuest Research Library, PsycARTICLES, PsycBOOKS, PsycCRITIQUES, and PsycINFO.
To search all ProQuest Databases at once:
1) Click on a ProQuest Database (choose from the list above).
2) Click on the 'all databases' link at the top of the screen.
3) On the next screen, click on the 'databases (13)' link at the top of the screen.
4) Choose 'select all', or go through the list and select just the ones you want. Then click 'use selected databases'.
Our EBSCOhost databases are: Communication & Mass Media Complete, Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts, GreenFILE, Health and Psychosocial Instruments, Teacher Reference Center, Regional Business News, Business Source Elite, Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print, eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), Education Full Text (H.W. Wilson), OmniFile Full Text Select (H.W. Wilson
To search all EBSCOhost Databases at once:
1) Click on an EBSCOhost Database (choose from the list above).
2) You'll see what database you are currently searching. You can search more by clicking on the "Choose Databases" link.
3) A pop-up window will appear. Select the databases you want to search by checking their boxes accordingly.