The Fielding Library subscribes to databases, which are different collections of journals (and often other popular periodicals like magazines and newspapers) that can conveniently be searched by subject. We also subscribe to databases that index dissertations, books, company profiles, psychological tests and measurements, and much more!
To view a list of the databases we subscribe to and search them individually, click on the "Databases" link on the library home page. This will take you a list of databases, arranged in alphabetical order by database name.
Often, multiple databases are owned by one vendor, such as ProQuest or EBSCOhost. Therefore, if you know how to search one database, you will know how to search others owned by that same vendor. You can search all databases belonging to that vendor at once. Our library has approximately 17 databases owned by ProQuest, and approximately 11 by EBSCOhost.
Our ProQuest databases are: ABI/INFORM Complete, Dissertations & Theses@Fielding Graduate University, ebrary e-books, ERIC, Ethnic News Watch, Gender Watch, PILOTS: Published International Literature on Traumatic Street, ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global, ProQuest Education Journals, ProQuest Psychology Journals, ProQuest Research Library, PsycARTICLES, PsycBOOKS, PsycCRITIQUES, and PsycINFO.
To search all ProQuest Databases at once:
1) Click on a ProQuest Database (choose from the list above).
2) Click on the 'all databases' link at the top of the screen.
3) On the next screen, click on the 'databases (17)' link at the top of the screen.
4) Choose 'select all', or go through the list and select just the ones you want. Then click 'use selected databases'.
Our EBSCOhost databases are: Communication & Mass Media Complete, Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts, GreenFILE, Health and Psychosocial Instruments, Teacher Reference Center, Regional Business News, Business Source Elite, Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print, eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), Education Full Text (H.W. Wilson), OmniFile Full Text Select (H.W. Wilson
To search all EBSCOhost Databases at once:
1) Click on an EBSCOhost Database (choose from the list above).
2) You'll see what database you are currently searching. You can search more by clicking on the "Choose Databases" link.
3) A pop-up window will appear. Select the databases you want to search by checking their boxes accordingly.
Director, Library Services
Librarian, Coordinator of Reference and Instruction